For most people, change is scary; especially when it means letting a stranger into your home and including them in your day-to-day life. However, there are times when a little extra help around the home is necessary. That’s where home care from a trusted provider such as Lancaster Home Care Assistance comes in. Although it can be hard to imagine receiving help from a caregiver, consider the following benefits provided by home care.
- Retain Independence – For many seniors, home care is a better alternative than a full-time assisted living facility because it allows the senior to maintain his or her independence. You can maintain your way of living and continue participating in the activities you enjoy most. For instance, with home care, it’s still your decision when to eat your meals and what time of night you wish to go to bed.
- Enjoy the Comforts of Home – By choosing home care, you can enjoy the comforts of your own home. This means eating the food you like, gardening in your own backyard, and watching what you want on the television. Best of all, home care allows you to continue sleeping in your own bed.
- Individual Care – Unlike assisted living or nursing homes, hiring a home caregiver means you get personal, one-on-one attention. The caregiver is there to provide you with undivided attention and will cater to your individual needs. Whether it’s running errands, getting things done around the house, or having a movie marathon, the caregiver is there to make sure you – and you alone – are cared for.
- Save Money – In many instances, home care is a more affordable option than the care provided at a nursing home or retirement community because you only pay for the amount of care you need. For instance, you might simply need someone to visit your home a few times each week. Or, maybe you prefer to have a caregiver provide part-time hourly care in Lancaster, coming to your home for a couple of hours each day to help with errands or preparing meals.
- Gain Peace of Mind – Whether we like it or not, accidents happen. If you’re afraid of falling or injuring yourself in some way while alone, hiring a caregiver can give you peace of mind. A caregiver will also give your loved ones peace of mind knowing someone is there helping you when you need it most.
If you are struggling with the decision to hire a professional Lancaster caregiver, consider the above advantages that this unique service offers and call (717) 540-4663 to learn more about in-home care services provided by Home Care Assistance of Lancaster County. We provide complimentary, no-obligation consultations so you can learn more about our services and get to know us a little better.